DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing in Texas
Quick, Clean, Reliable Testing. No Waiting. Walk-ins Welcome.
Quicktest Labs provides all the services required to fulfill the drug and alcohol testing rules required by FMCSA regulations for drivers, who are required to have a CDL in Texas and nationwide. These services include DOT compliant urine drug testing and breath alcohol testing procedures from our Texas DOT test lab. To ensure proper chain of custody and compliance with the DOT testing rules and regulations, DOT test collection labs, such as our Texas lab, must be trained to operate the EBT and be proficient in the breath testing procedures. Quicktest Labs is a certified drug and alcohol collections facility and is fully DOT compliant!
- Our Texas lab techs are certified as a BAT in accordance with 49 CFR Part 40 of the U.S. Department of Transportation's Alcohol Testing Procedures.
- Our Texas lab provides three part Breath Alcohol Testing form for DOT
- We use federally approved Lifeloc Phoenix® 6.0 Portable Breath Alcohol Testing Equipment at our Texas lab.
- We have new individually wrapped mouth blow tubes for each test at our Texas DOT testing lab.
All Quicktest Labs staff members are certified Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT) and Certified Lifeloc Operator and Calibration Technicians (C-LOCT). Walk-ins and same day appointments are welcome at our Texas DOT test lab. Call our Texas lab today for any questions DOT drug and alcohol testing in Texas, Texas.
Certified DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing in Texas
Each state has specific requirements for DOT drug testing. The drug testing regulations vary according to the actual employer- be it the state government or private company - but all safety-sensitive employees and employers within the six agencies under the DOT umbrella (FMCSA, FAA, FTA, PHMSA, USCG, FRA) must have proof that they are complying with a drug and alcohol screening program .
Mobile DOT Drug Testing
Quicktest Labs provides the most comprehensive and accurate drug and alcohol testing service in the industry. One of our specialties is on-site Texas DOT testing using our mobile labs. Our DOT services also include DOT consortiums and recurring testing for commercial drivers and employers required to comply with US Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing regulations.
Who Do The DOT Rules Apply To?
The FMCSA rules apply to safety-sensitive employees, who operate commercial motor vehicles requiring a CDL license
- Anyone who owns or leases commercial motor vehicles
- Anyone who assigns drivers to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Federal, State, and local governments
- For-Hire Motor Carriers
- Private Motor Carriers
- Civic Organizations (Disabled Veteran Transport, Boy/Girl Scouts, etc.)
Employers are responsible for implementing and conducting the drug and alcohol testing programs for their employees. Quicktest Labs provides all the services needed for employers to remain compliant with DOT rules. All Quicktest Labs certified technicians are trained to operate the breath alcohol test and are proficient in all DOT urine, breath and saliva testing procedures.
What Are The DOT Testing Rules?
- Post Accident Testing- Drug and alcohol testing performed after accidents with drivers whose performance may have contributed or caused the accident (as determined by a citation for a moving traffic violation) and for all fatal accidents even if the driver is not cited for a moving traffic violation
- Reasonable Suspicion- Drug and alcohol testing conducted when a trained supervisor or company official observes behavior or appearance that is characteristic of alcohol misuse.
- Random Testing- Drug and alcohol testing performed on a random, unannounced basis just before, during, or just after performance of safety-sensitive functions.
- Return-To-Duty and Follow-Up Testing- Drug and alcohol tests conducted when an individual who has violated the prohibited drug and alcohol conduct standards returns to performing safety-sensitive duties. Follow-up tests are unannounced. At least 6 tests must be conducted in the first 12 months after a driver returns to duty. Follow-up testing may be extended for up to 60 months following return to duty.
Drugs Screened in DOT Urine Test
Urine drug testing, such as our Texas lab provides, is required for DOT compliance and all urine specimens are analyzed for the following drugs in a DOT drug test:
- Marijuana (THC metabolite)
- Opiates (including heroin)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
The FMCSA has some additional rules that prohibit the use of legally prescribed controlled substances (such as barbiturates, amphetamines, morphine, etc.) by safety-sensitive drivers involved in interstate commerce. Our Texas lab has all the rules and regulations streamlined to better help your Texas, Texas business stay federally compliant with all DOT regulations.
Our Alcohol Test Methods
All DOT testing rules require one of the following methods of alcohol testing:
- Saliva (Simple Mouth Swab)-
Similar to blood alcohol testing, saliva alcohol testing, such as our Texas lab provides, is the most accurate way to determine current intoxication.
- Breath (Breathalyzer)-
Estimates blood alcohol content through breath and is the most common and instant method of measuring alcohol content in body and is one of the most popular tests our Texas lab provides.
When working with Quicktest Labs, employers can rest assured that the required detailed records of testing programs will be fully compliant and ready for inspection for when the FMCSA conducts audits of employers' program. Additionally, Quicktest Labs will help prepare annual calendar year summary reports for th FMCSA which will be used to monitor compliance and enforcement of the rules.
Why Use Quicktest Labs for DOT Compliance?
- Certified Texas DOT Test Lab Technicians- Our Texas staff is certified for BAT in accordance with 49 CFR Part 40 of the U.S.
- Our Texas DOT Testing Staff- Confidentiality, reliability, and professionalism by our Texas dna testing staff.
- Fastest Service & Rapid DOT Test Results- At our Texas DOT test lab, you will be served within 5 min of your arrival. On most tests, you get immediate results. On lab tests, your results will be ready in less than 24 hours.
- Cleanest DOT Testing Labs- Our Texas DOT drug and alcohol testing labs are the cleanest and most comfortable labs around
- Best DOT Lab Test Customer Service- Our friendly Texas DOT drug and alcohol test customer techs are top notch and they have the highest customer service ratings in Texas and in the industry overall.
- Affordable Texas Pricing- Our Texas DOT test lab will strive to meet or beat any competitor's pricing!
DOT Employer Services in Texas, Texas
Since burden falls to the employers to provide detailed information about alcohol misuse, the employers' policy, the testing requirements, and how and where drivers can get help for alcohol abuse, Quicktest Labs has special programs designed to assist Texas employers with all their DOT employee training. Supervisors of safety-sensitive drivers must also attend at least one hour of training on alcohol misuse symptoms and indicators used in making determinations for reasonable suspicion testing.
Quicktest Labs provides all the required DOT policy compliance training as well as ensuring that the employer has accurate records and is fully compliant with all the testing rules.