DOT Alcohol Breathalyzer Testing in Texas
Quick, Clean, Reliable Testing. No Waiting. Walk-ins Welcome.
Per the Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 CFR Part 40 (Drug and Alcohol Regulations), an evidential breath testing device (EBT) must be approved by the NHTSA for the use of DOT alcohol testing. The EBT alcohol testing machine must be operated by a certified breath alcohol technician (BAT).
A DOT breath alcohol test is considered positive under any of the following situations:
- A confirmation result of 0.04 or greater
- Refusal to complete and sign the breath alcohol testing form
- Refusal to provide breath
- Refusal to provide an adequate amount of breath
- Refusal to otherwise cooperate with the testing process
Quicktest Labs offers comprehensive DOT testing solutions including drug testing and Texas DOT alcohol breathalyzer and urine testing services. Our certified Texas lab specializes in both DOT and non-DOT drug testing services as well as DOT program development and management. We commonly work with all size companies with employees in safety sensitive positions. Our Texas DOT specialists can assist with pre-employment drug testing, random testing, post-accident, follow-up testing and much more.
Required DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing
There are six situations that DOT regulations require for Texas drug and alcohol testing including:
- Reasonable Suspicion
- Return to Duty
- Follow Up
Quicktest Labs is equipped to provide 100% DOT-compliant testing services and provide the consultation you need to design and implement your Texas DOT-compliant employee testing program.
Mobile DOT Drug Testing in Texas
Our Texas lab provides the following mobile DOT testing services:
- Mobile DOT Drug Testing in Texas
- Texas On-site DOT Alcohol Testing
- Texas Mobile DOT Physicals
Quicktest Labs is equipped to provide all of our testing services on a mobile basis, at your office or any other suitable location. Even on short notice, we can set up a secure and sanitary mobile testing lab to take care of your testing needs at a convenient time and place for you.
DOT Alcohol Testing in Texas
All DOT testing rules require one of the following methods of alcohol testing in Texas
- Texas DOT Saliva Alcohol Test
- Texas DOT Alcohol Breath Test (Breathalyzer)
When working with Quicktest Labs, employers can rest assured that the required detailed records of testing programs will be fully compliant and ready for inspection for when the FMCSA conducts audits of employers' program. Additionally, Quicktest Labs will help prepare annual calendar year summary reports for the FMCSA which will be used to monitor compliance and enforcement of the rules.
One stop shop for TCOLE L-2 and L-3 Form Requirements
Quicktest Labs is a TCOLE provider, and we welcome any law enforcement to fulfill both the Licensee Psych Health L-3 form (physical and drug test) and the Licensee Psych Health L-3 form (psychological evaluation) requirements at our one stop shop!
Types of DOT Alcohol Breath Testing
Because alcohol is a legal substance, alcohol testing is authorized only during, just before, or just after the employee performs safety-sensitive functions. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the following alcohol tests are required:
- Post-accident- conducted after accidents on drivers whose performance could have contributed to the accident (as determined by a citation for a moving traffic violation) and for all fatal accidents even if the driver is not cited for a moving traffic violation.
- Reasonable suspicion- conducted when a trained supervisor or company official observes behavior or appearance that is characteristic of alcohol misuse.
- Random- conducted on a random unannounced basis just before, during, or just after performance of safety-sensitive functions.
- Return-to-duty and follow-up- conducted when an individual who has violated the prohibited alcohol conduct standards returns to performing safety-sensitive duties. Follow-up tests are unannounced. At least 6 tests must be conducted in the first 12 months after a driver returns to duty. Follow-up testing may be extended for up to 60 months following return to duty.
Our Certified DOT Alcohol Testing in Texas
We provide drug, alcohol, and DNA testing in Texas for both private and legal purposes. Our certified drug and alcohol testing collection labs can provide drug testing by way of urine, hair, saliva, fingernail, sweat / skin, DOT, environmental, and steroids. Our drug test panels also have a broad range to screen against the most basic drugs up to screening for a full array of drugs.
We provide Texas drug and alcohol screening services for both individuals as well as employers. Contact our alcohol or drug screening lab to find out more about our testing services.